AIM
Zipsman07

I wanna be the flash game I wanna be the flash game

Great game, awful control...

Whenever I am in the mood for an old-school ass whooping, I can always count on Megaman, Battletoads, Blaster Master, or IWBTG. Yes, I've played IWBTG... and yes, I know how bloody hard it is. On it's own merits, this game is a faithful fanmade "spiritual sequel".

But at least with games aforementioned, whenever I die... I know it's my fault and not the game. The object collisions, weird physics, and the controls in general are awful. Intentional or not, it severely dampens any given game. At least half of my deaths alone were from the iffy double jump reaction.

The choice of music is decent enough. The visuals aren't really anything special, but I can definitely go without that seizure inducing area before the Donkey Kong area ( my eyes still hurt from that ).

You have a great game underneath here, but please fix the controls and collision detection.

The Life Of A Pacifist... The Life Of A Pacifist...

This has potential...

This looks and ( to a lesser extent ) sounds like something out of the SNES era. I wouldn't call this a game, and it's not quite a simulation either. The interactive elements don't appear to have any major significance, either. The story itself is the only major thing going for this, and it peaks at passable. Adding more interactive elements and making the story swayed by the user's decisions could make this interactive flash more interesting. An occasional change in music would be nice too; listening to the same two measures of notes gets old after a while.

Try to make an actual full fledged game ( perhaps an RPG ) with the plot and the characters. The interactive flash here ends on a few questions, so if you ever get around to making something out of this, try to tie up the story.

Lil Red from da Hood Lil Red from da Hood

Memorable...

You definitely have something promising here. Artistically, it's fairly basic, but memorable. You mix and balance things up just enough to where neither the urban attitude nor the fairy tale itself dominate this interactive flash. Speaking of interactive, the little bits here and here provide some laughs.

If you're wanting to improve on this, I'd start out by adding some voicework. A text driven story is okay for this movie, and the sound effects partially make up for it. I can't really gripe about the interactive areas, but as Redwaller below noted, the 'Get to Grandma's' minigame feels like a last minute tacked on addition.

I'll look into some of your other works. Keep up the good work.

Refrigerator Rampage Refrigerator Rampage

Awesome!

Very simplistic, but... it's also enjoyable! The little things like the controllable character being a nervous wreck, the happy faced spinning sun, and the great music playing in the background make this game fun to play.

This game does have that "WarioWare" feel to it. I think it's worthy enough to be submitted to the series, anyway. Good job with the game overall!

<favorited!>

zrb responds:

Yes, I was trying to keep it simple but simple enough to be entertaining. I'm glad you liked it. Thank you for the review and the score :)
Also, thanks for favoriting it ;)

MindFeed MindFeed

Bagels!!

This is heavily inspired by Portal's witty sense of humor. That's a good thing, because there's never enough games like that.

I liked the questions, the responses the "computer" gave me, and how this flash was overall presented. I'm assuming that the higher score given at the end is a good thing? I earned a 74.

Anyways, great work. Front page worthy this is.

Redebris Redebris

Neat.

A very simple game that was fun for a few plays. The mechanics and progressive difficulty work out pretty well, and I like how it was presented. Could've used some music and perhaps some levels.. Since this is version 0.6, let's see what neat things you can come with in the future.

DunkIt 2 DunkIt 2

Doughnuts.

You did two things effectively with your flash game:

1 ) You made this very simple, yet amusing.
2 ) You made me hungry.

Off The Head! Off The Head!

That's using your head!

It's nice that you added the functionality of having players compete scores online in single player. Multiplayer is also good addition. The music is pretty fitting as well.

The CPU in this game is nightmarishly good, though I did come close to beating it. Good work overall.

Epsilon Epsilon

WOAH!!

A "10" rating does not begin to describe how I love this game.

Join a major video game company and make millions, my friend.